Adventures of Prairie Girl and Code Minkey

Surviving floods, thwarting mosquito invasions, enduring weather extremes all while living in our little house...

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Aerobics – a full contact sport for Prairie Girls!

Many of you already know that I broke my leg on Thursday November 16, 2006. It was two days before I was scheduled to leave for Ottawa to attend my good friend Rae and Chris’ wedding, spend a nice weekend with friends, and sit through 2-days of meetings doing grant reviews. While attending a BOSU (BOth Sides Up) class, I lost my footing and twisted my leg causing a fracture of my fibula just above my ankle. After seven weeks in a cast and a walking boot, I am finally free…well sort of! I am now wearing an aircast (an ankle brace) and am learning how to walk again. Yippee! You never fully appreciate the little things until they are gone – wearing shoes that match (and are of equal height!), no longer being called new nicknames (the Gimp, Peg-Leg-Pete, Hobbles – some of these names I even coined myself), being able to open my own doors, sitting without (always) having to elevate my leg, driving. Oh the list is endless. Therapy is beginning, but I am doing well.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! I had no idea that you'd broken your leg. I'm sorry to hear it, but I'm glad your on the road to recovery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home